Thinking about an-easy-to-make-nutritious meal you can quickly fix for yourself alone or for the family? tomato omelette may be the solution you need.
Tomato omelette is rich in protein and vitamins, so you don’t have to worry about feeding on junks because if well prepared, it can be taken as a normal meal.
If you are a fan of pancake, you will enjoy this meal more as they both look and taste alike. Learning how to cook tomato omelette may look difficult at first, but it is actually very easy once you get into the mood and it gets easier with constant practice.
To prepare this meal for one person, here is a list of ingredients you will need:
-Egg (As the saying goes, ‘you can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs’)
– 1 Plum tomato
– 1 onion (small size)
– Dry pepper
– A small cut of butter (for frying)
1 Dice the onion and tomato into small pieces (Separately)
2. Break the egg inside a small bowl, add a pinch of salt (and ground pepper if you want) and beat.
3. Heat up your frying pan
4. Melt half the butter and add the diced onions, fry for some seconds then add diced tomatoes.
5. Fry till you are sure they are well heated up. This should take a few minutes depending on heat level.
6. pour the fried onion and tomato into the egg and mix well. Add more salt if necessary.
7. Put the frying pan back on fire and melt the other half of the butter you set aside earlier.
8. slowly pour the mixture into the melted butter and ensure it is evenly distributed.
9. Reduce the heat level then wait till you see the tomato omelette form a cake.
10. Once it has formed into a cake, shake the frying pan. The tomato omelette should move on it own at this stage.
11. Gently transfer the omelette to a flat and wide plate (to avoid splitting).
12. Then cover it with the frying pan and flip in such way that the upper part will be at the bottom of the pan.
13. Set back on the stove and fry till the bottom is well fried.
14. Once it is baked, place into a plate, serve as you wish and help yourself to a sumptuous meal of tomato omelette served with fruit juice, tea or any beverage of your choice.