If you look at the way most women, if not all take care of their hair, you will certainly agree the hair is essential, not just the hair, but having a healthy and well-groomed hair is essential to the happiness and confidence of a lot of women hence the importance of a ‘ 6 Simple Ways To Stop Hair Breakage ‘ article cannot be underestimated.
You think I just exaggerated? You take a look at how much women spend on grooming the natural hair and buying artificial ones, you won’t have a choice but agree with me that the hair is indeed important to women.
While we all can’t be Alfonzo, we all want to have a healthy long hair and hair breakage is definitely a setback in achieving this dream. While it is considered healthy to lose some strands, about 100 strands a day, it is considered a nightmare to comb the hair and watch a good chunk of it fall off… I have been there.
Though there are many products out there with different promises to stop hair breakage, these products may actually be doing more harm than good, especially when they are not compatible with your hair type. But today, let’s just look at some precautions you can take to stop or at least reduce this situation. They look simple, you may want to overlook them, but please don’t.
1. Trim the Ends: Some women hate trimming, trimming equals shorter length so it is a no-no for them But calm down since no one is saying ‘chop the hair off’ it is just a small trimming to remove dead ends. If done correctly, trimming regularly reduces the chances that the ends will get dry and brittle. So instead of waiting till the split ends travel up to the shaft, why not just trim? Trimming about ¼ to ½ inch of your hair every two or three months can prevent breakage in ways you cannot imagine.
2. Don’t brush your hair while wet: The hair is in its weakest form when wet, and to brush the hair in this state is completely unavoidable. It is better to comb through the hair when it is saturated with conditioner, but bushing the hair can cause strain on the hair, leading to damages.
3. Get A Protein Treatment: Getting protein treatment is one way to strengthen the hair, but depending on the level of damage hair breakage has caused already, you may need a weekly protein treatment to return the hair back to a healthy state. But it is also important not to overdo the protein treatment as this may leave the hair dryer than normal.
4. Leave The Chemicals To The Pros: I know sometimes we try to save money by doing some DIY treatments ourselves, but when it comes to chemical applications, it is better to leave it to the pros, and when I said pro, I don’t mean that girl next door only knows how to weave or plait.
You know how they use to warn us that self-prescription is bad? The same applies to the hair too. Some people have a serious case of hair breakage today as a result of abuse of chemicals. Don’t go rushing all out to buy all products you read about, some may leave your hair more damaged.
5. Slow The Heat Down: I know curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers makes our ‘hair life’ somehow easier, but frequent or too much of it is not good for the hair. Exposing the hair to too much heat can cause the hair to become thin and weak, leading to severe damage. Should you avoid hair heat completely? Not necessary, but ensure you reduce the frequency and whenever you want to curl up or straighten out your hair, don’t overdo it.
6. Go See A Pro: The mistake we often make is trying to treat a damaged hair ourselves thereby causing more damages. If you are losing a good chunk of hair and you can’t explain the cause, it is advisable you go consult a pro instead causing more damage by applying unfamiliar products.
I am sure you have picked a thing or two. Have you faced this situation before? Kindly share your experience in the comment section below, let’s know what worked for you.